Thursday, January 29, 2009

Espana--Cadiz, Sevilla and Cordoba!

We finally got to land!!! We woke up on Wed. morning at 6:30 because light was actually coming through our window! We watched us pull in the entire way because we couldn't fall back asleep! It was amazing to actually see land and not rock around anymore!

On wed. we went around Cadiz. I was with Jess, TJ, and Thomas. We walked around and saw some monuments or something...boring! Ha we spent the whole day just walking around and eating. We finally went and got lunch at a bar that absolutly NO ONE talked English. I don't know why I assumed people would know just a little. I have a new found respect for Spanish speaking Americans! It's hard!!! When we sat down our waiter new nothing but cerveca so we got some beers! We tried to order food for awhile and he finally brought us an English menu. I thought I ordered a cheese sandwich...turns out it was sliced cheese on top of a pile of potato chips. Sweet lunch huh? The boys ordered fish which was whole and they had to take the skin and bones off themselves! Gross.

Wed. night we went to the flamenco night which was really cool! They first took us to a bull ring thing and did some flamenco dancing with a horse. Super weird. Then they thought it was fun to tease a little baby bull with red and pink flags. It was evil. I wanted the bull to charge them! =) After that we went to an outside bar type thing and had tapas (appetizers) and sangrea (wine and gin and fruit)! Before we got off the bus we got this HORRIBLE wine is what i think it was supposed to be! The red tasted like prune juice and the wine literally burnt my throat going down! It was really fun and I am very glad I got to do it!

This morning I went on a trip through SAS. We left at 7:30 and took a bus to Sevilla. We went and saw the Spanish Square which was HUGE and very pretty. But I have no idea what it was for...it was built in the 1500s! We then went to the 3rd largest Cathedral in the world and then headed to the Alcazar (palace)! It was very big and pretty! The architecture and the thinking they put into the work is amazing and I feel like they are way more intelligent then any architects in America now a days! A lot of it was built in the 1500s as well! After that we went to lunch and then shopping. We went to a few stores and I didn't buy anything. (Weird) Everything here is extremly small or i am just extremely fat!

After Sevilla was a bus ride to Cordoba. We got to Cordoba around 6 and went shopping! I got a cute new purse for 20 Euros (about $25) and then I had to get some new make up because my eye infection came back so I had to throw away all of my eye stuff. I think I have worn my glasses more this trip than in my whole life. We had a big dinner around 8:30 with everyone and now I am in the cafe! I hope I can get pictures up into the Kodak Gallery but it is taking forever!

Send me an e-mail!!! When I am in port I can't get e-mails to the semester at sea account so send them to kkparker@pittstate.edu! I will update later if the pics upload!

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment