Monday, April 13, 2009

**Thailand**

Well 4 countries ago I was in Thailand!  The first day we went to an orphanage started by one guy who found a baby on the street and people started bringing him kid after kid!  There were over 200 kids and they were newborns to whatever.  They can stay there as long as they need too, some even go to college and live there!  And if they don’t end up making anything from themselves they are always welcome to live and work at the orphanage!  It was really nice finally hearing about a place that doesn’t just end things with kids when they turn 18. A lot of the kids are abandoned children that they have no records of so Thailand doesn’t consider them citizens.  They can never be adopted and can never become a citizen!   Jess and I played with the babies the whole time!  They don’t have diapers, just rags literally shoved down their pants.  I think two girls got peed on!  Haha 
That night we went to a restaurant called “Cabbages and Condoms!”  It was in a resort called “birds and Bees” it was pretty cool and a huge rainforest type thing with random creepy signs everywhere!  They also had huge (real) bunnies just hanging out outside of the restaurant, I played with them!  Anyways the whole restaurant was covered in condoms, they had a huge condom tower and Jess and I took a million and we don’t really know why, but decided we should hide them from our parents before they came!  Lol  They also had a Santa that was made of condoms and random people made of condoms and birth control.  Freaks.
We went to the SriRacha Tiger Zoo the next day.  We saw a tiger show at the begging that just pissed me off because they were obviously abused from the way they reacted to the trainers when they just held out their hand or something.  It made my day when one of them tried to attack one of the trainers! =) We went to an elephant show after that but we went to a better one the last day!  I got to hold a baby tiger, kind of, they put a towel on you and make you hold up a bottle of milk so that it comes on your lap and you sit for 10 seconds and feed the tiger and get pictures taken like you actually held it! 
Our port was called “Laem Chabang” we renamed it “Lame Chabang” because the place had NOTHING but a mall!  I don’t know why we have only been in like 3 ports that actually have things to do in them!  Jess and I got 15 DVDs for $20!  They were all pirated and a lot of them weren’t even out of theatres yet!  Most of them work but not all! 
I went to “Koh Samet” which is an island off of Thailand, about  a 30 min boat ride.  I didn’t know anyone on the trip but we had tons of fun!  It was a white sand beach and SO beautiful!  I would go back any day!  Our rooms were little townhouses right on the beach and they had outside showers!  Sarah (my roomie) and I got beers at 10am and sat in the ocean pretty much all day!     Went to dinner at some rando place that the guys had found and talked to the owner.  It was all traditional Thai food and I was still at the point of not trying things so I didn’t eat!  We went to a fire show after dinner, crazy, then went to a karaoke bar!  Travis and I got distracted by a puppy and the others went on without us!  Travis left me and I walked to the karaoke place.  I asked the girl at the bottom if she saw a bunch of Americans go in and she pointed up the stairs.  So I start looking around and notice that I was surrounded by sex workers.  That was sweet, but I found all the girls and hung out there for a little and walked back.  The next morning we went on a banana boat ride.  Seriously just wanted to have a fun time and the little 13 yr old kid driving us wanted us to die.  I’m thinking we got whipped off a good 15 times in 30 min.  Some girl lost her sunglasses, Braxton almost lost his balls, and I was sore for 2 days!  It rained like crazy I sat inside the pavilion playing with another puppy.  It was the saddest looking thing in the world!  She had a broken front leg that obviously was never going to get fixed and she couldn’t have been older than 3 months.  So sad.  She gave me fleas and I had bites all over me for a couple days!
The last day we went to an elephant thing.  We saw traditional dancing and a mock boxing match and sword fight.  We went to the elephant show and it was amazing!  The elephants played basketball and soccer, threw darts, painted, hula hooped and other random things!  I want a lil baby elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment