Monday, April 13, 2009

**China**

We had another 2 days in between Vietnam and China.  We finally got our laundry done, it had been 27 days!  Anyways, the first day in Japan, Jess, Britt and I met with Britt’s Uncles business partners.  They were both from Hong Kong and wanted to show us everything.  Hong Kong was amazing!!!  Seriously the tallest buildings ever and there are SO many!!  They were all so close to each other it was unreal!  We went to a few markets that day and we were supposed to go to some place where you can see all of Hong Kong, but it was way to cloudy/smoggy.  We went to dinner at some weirdo place because we were told to go to some place and ended somewhere completely different!  We wanted to go out that night but ended up on the wrong island!  It was an annoying night but it was still fun.  Natalie and Emily ordered wine at dinner, it was brought in a clay tea pot looking thing and little tiny cups.  It was so disgusting!  OMG I don’t know how they even drank it!  They ended up having to just take shots because they couldn’t just sip on it!  We ran out of soda and no place but America gives refills so they started chasing it with their food! Bahaha
We headed to Beijing the second day and Jess and I were so proud of ourselves!  We only took public transportation and we felt so cool after we figured it all out without dying!  Except the stupid back I brought broke so that was really annoying but whatever!  We went to a market before we went to the airport and ended up getting a million purses!  I think we got 10 bags for $125 or something crazy like that!  When we finally got to Beijing it was pretty late so we went to find a Pizza Hut but couldn’t so we ordered a pizza through room service and went to bed.
The next morning we went to the Olympic grounds and saw the Water Cube and the Bird’s Nest.  We felt like huge dumbasses because it probably took us a good hour trying to figure out where to buy tickets and then the entrance!  No one spoke English in China!  The cube was really cool but I wanted to like touch the water or something but they wouldn’t let us get close!  Lame.  It was really cold outside so when we went to the Bird’s nest we wanted to die!  They didn’t even have the track out, it was just a huge field.  We did get to imitate every asian pose we could.  These people are nuts.  They do the weirdest crap in their pictures, so we did it to fit in!  We went to the Pearl Market after which is where I spent more money than I have ever seen!  I have enough purses to last me a lifetime.  Got some Nike’s and pearl’s and I don’t even remember what else!  But Jess and I BOTH had to buy huge duffle bags because we bought too much crap! 
We went to the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs on our 3rd day.  The Ming Tombs was the most pointless thing I have ever seen in my life.  There is nothing there but some gates and buildings.  All the tombs are a million miles away up some mountains.  The Great Wall was the worst workout of my life and it doesn’t help that I haven’t been to a gym in years!  The stairs were all oddly shaped and different sizes.  We had to go to the peak because you are considered a hero if you make it!  Yeah, I am a hero.  And I only made Jess stop like twice because I couldn’t breathe and thought I was going to die.  Every single Asian wanted our pictures and I wanted to kick them.  Annoying!  Going down was almost harder because they have a lot of slopes with no steps or anything so we had to literally run down them.  But me being the coolest person ever busted my ass on the Great Wall.  My great new fake Uggs I got apparently don’t have traction and I slipped and EVERY person had their cameras out and started taking pictures.  You might be able to google “Stupid American that fell” and find me!  Everyone just thought it was the funniest thing of their lives.  I broke my pinky nail.  It hurt.
And then we went to the craziest acrobat show ever!  It was amazing.  I seriously had my mouth wide open the whole show and was just waiting for one of the kids to die!  They were doing the most unreal stuff ever!  Their bodies bent in more ways than I ever imagined!  It was really cool and we had a really fun time!  We went to the show after searching for McDonald’s for 6 hours!  No one knew what we were talking about and then Jess drew the arches and they were like ooooo macdoonalds.  Lol funniest thing ever!  We went to the tallest hotel in the world on the last day.  It was way to foggy/smoggy to seen anything so it was stupid.  Then we rode the Maglev train.  It’s the only train like it in the world and literally floats.  It takes 4 hours to get to Beijing from Shanghai and the train would get you there in 30 min!  It was cool and what not but we went to some airport that was a 7 minute ride, literally went to the next platform and went right back.  Stupid.  This is also the day that I got SAARS.  Or maybe just the bird flu!

No comments:

Post a Comment